Preparation Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 3 hours
Servings: 6 servings
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 8 cups butternut squash
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• Cut the two squash into cubed pieces. It’s best to peel it first, but since I can’t find my peeler, I cut the skin off after the squash is cut into cubes. If you’re unsure about how to cut a Butternut Squash:
1. Cut both of the ends off
2. Cut in half lengthwise
3. Scoop out the seeds
4. Cut into cubes
• Then, place the cubes in a crockpot with one cup of water. Cook the cubes for 4 hours on high, or until they are soft. If you don’t have a crockpot, you can boil the cubes until they are soft.
• Once the squash is cooked, place it all in a bowl and blend. I use a blender that is made to puree soup. If you don’t have one of these, get creative. A magic bullet works just fine.
• Add the one cup of milk, and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon—and keep blending.
• Grab a bowl, pour the creamy mixture, and enjoy it.
See you next time! For more recipes CLICK HERE.