Preparation Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Servings: 4 servings
Egg Fried Rice Recipe
- 3 cups Jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- 6 eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- Add rice to a saucepan and add a little water until the rice is just covered. Mix the water and rice around a little bit so you can rinse off any impurities from the rice. The impurities won’t kill you or make you sick, but it improves the quality of the cooked rice to rinse it a little. The water should look milky after doing this. Be sure to drain as much of this water from the rice as possible, leaving only the wet rice in the saucepan.
Add water in a 1:1 ratio with the rice (meaning for every cup of rice you are cooking, add a cup of water to match). I always make one cup of rice at a time because it is the perfect amount for just one person, but this recipe calls for three. You can add a little extra water if you think you’ll leave the rice on the stove a little too long. You can also add a teaspoon of vegetable oil to help with this same problem.
- Heat the rice uncovered on high until just boiling. Then mix the rice, cover, and reduce the heat to low. Let the rice simmer like this for about twenty minutes, or until the rice looks fluffy and has soaked up the water.
- Remove the rice from heat and remove the lid. Fluff the rice with a fork so the rice can cool quickly and stop cooking.
- In a large pan, add about a teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Cook the egg in the pan. Make sure you move it constantly and scrape the bottom and sides of the pan. The eggs will be done when it is no longer runny and has lost most of its shininess.
- Add the rice and mix. Then sprinkle on the fish sauce until the rice has a light brown hue. Be careful when adding the fish sauce because it can very easily overpower the dish and make it too salty.
- Continue cooking the rice, stirring and flipping constantly until the rice is slightly sticky and the egg is dispersed evenly. Serve warm and enjoy!
See you next time! For more recipes CLICK HERE.